Friday, September 17, 2010

just believe

Walking in the door tonight was a treat for me! Madi gave me a HUGE hug and loads of kisses and the little guy smiled his infectious grin while their older brother played computer and smiled after he realized I was home. I have been gone for a couple of days and am happy to be back!
As I sit down to write this blog post, my head is spinning with a whirlwind of ideas, information, and pure and total happiness! I had the best time the past three days and I want to write it all down while it is still fresh in my mind.
There have been times on this new and exciting journey of mine, where I have often wondered if I am totally off my rocker?! I turned down a teaching job, spend long nights in front of a computer screen, and suffer from nasty cases of poison oak for this?! Am I crazy? Maybe a little.
But, when I step back and 'get real', I can say with complete honesty that I have never been happier with who I am and where I am going!
I just got home from an amazingly awesome (albeit super quick) trip to Chicago to attend WPPI's roadtrip. I listened and learned from some of the best in the industry and although I am coming away with more knowledge about how to handle my business, the thing that I will remember and take with me the most is this, believing.
I believe. I know that I can do this!
She is for sure one of the reasons I believe this...(if you don't know her, she is Jasmine Star and you can see her beautiful work here .)
jstar
I was so excited to meet her, and felt like a giddy little girl meeting a celebrity. I had the whole dropped mouth, huge smile, shaky hand thing on goin on when I met her. Luckily, I wasn't alone!
DSC_0374
She is proof, to me, that dreams come true.. if you make them happen. Thanks J for helping me see that! And I am soo ready to fail knowing that for all my failures, I am going to learn and have that many more successes!
Here is a lil' taste of what I experienced this week...
DSC_0425
chicago
I can't wait to attend the big WPPI convention this winter, this really got me excited and 'itching' to learn more!
me chicagp

2 comments:

Jen Martodam said...

Woo Whoo!! I love it!! Nice blog post - had so much fun in Chicago. Can't wait for Vegas, baby!!

Life with Kaishon said...

I just saw your comment at Jasmine's blog and I had to come and say hi! I am so glad you got to meet her! I love your pictures of your trip! It looks like it was incredibly fun. I hope all of your photography dreams do come true. It seems like you have a great start : ) Way to go!