Thursday, August 19, 2010

a book. a boy. a smile.

When I was editing these images of a fun family session I had last week, I couldn't help but be super excited about them! They are the type of family that has some great ideas, but hangs back and lets me do my 'thing'. They are very comfortable in front of the camera (or, at the very least, are great at fooling me!). When mom, Kristin, asked me what I thought of meeting them at the library, I couldn't have been more thrilled! Not only was the location gorgeous (with lots of light pouring through the huge windows), but it is a library, full of thousands of books! As a former reading teacher, this couldn't have been a more cool place for me to shoot. The possibilities for shots was endless and the little guy did not disappoint! He grabbed some books and started 'reading' right away..have I mentioned that I love this family?! Mom and dad even sat down and read three year old, 'H', a book about fire engines and it was like I wasn't even there. I was able to capture some fantastic 'real' moments!
We did venture downtown to take a few more 'urban' shots of them together too, but my favorite images came from the library! Thanks 'K' fam for allowing me to catch some fleeting moments for your family!
web3
DSC_0106
The many faces of 'H', he was so much more interested in me and my camera this year!
web
web1
web2

0 comments: