Sunday, May 17, 2009

Using a wide aperture...

It was a beautiful day in our neighborhood today (yes, I still watch Mr. Rogers, :) and the kids and I ventured out to spend the day basking in the sun's warm rays. This spring hasn't been the nicest one on record, the other day the temperature dropped down to 32...way too cold for May! I have been spending those cold days indoors reading photography blogs while the kids are sleeping or hanging out with their dad and I have learned soo much! I think that it has finally clicked, I feel like I have a handle on what aperture, ISO, white balance, etc. is! I LOVE my camera, have I mentioned that lately??! I think (no, I know) that I would be lost without it. I am having so much fun experimenting with this new found knowledge it is bordering on obsessive! Anyway, I wanted to try and use a wide aperture (to get super cool bokeh, which I am also becoming slightly obsessed with!) so I used my 50mm 1.4 portrait lens and had a blast. These are the results. I like how the subject is so in focus and everything behind is a blurry dreamlike scene. And it was so much more fun today because the kids were willing to let mama test my skills out on them! Most days I am lucky to get a look, let alone a smile or a genuine emotion other than annoyance. Here are some of my favorites, what do you think?







0 comments: