Friday, March 13, 2009

A good day

Today has been a good day. This morning Travis and Madi set off on a little adventure to Cokato, MN to deliver hay to a new customer and had some troubles along the way. I didn't find out until tonight (which is a good thing) that they had a couple of tires blow out on the trailer while they were on the road. They ended up sitting on the interstate for a couple of hours waiting for help (Trav's brother) to arrive. Everything turned out ok, luckily and Madi even got a new teddy bear from a state trooper who stopped to see if everything was alright. I think she was pretty excited about that. I do not envy Travis, however, for having to sit in a semi for 3 hours with our daughter who didn't have any other toys, colors, books, or anything to keep her occupied. She can be a stinker at home when she gets bored, can't imagine her being bored for that long!

Anyway, Madi is now 3 years old and we are having her birthday party this weekend. I have been getting ready trying to do all I can to make it look like the purple cow party that she wants. I made a purple cow banner with a little cow proclaiming MOOOPY MOODAY MADI! I am also making a pin the udder on the cow purple cow edition game for her birthday. It should be a good time, this is the first year that she has wanted friends at her party along with the grandparents and aunts and uncles so it will be a new (fun) experience! I will be posting some pictures and videos on Sunday night hopefully!

In other news, I had Ty help me with a photo shoot today. I was reading Audrey Woulard's blog post and she gave a few of her camera settings away and I was just itching to try them (since I don't know all I should about my camera yet!). Here are the results...what do you think? Please feel free to leave comments, I love to read them!





1 comments:

Annette said...

Mandy - I love the lighting and feel of these photos, so whatever settings you got, they really made a difference! And I love that new wicker chair ;-)!! Ty is really a cooperative and smiley subject which must make all your experimenting so much easier! Keep it up! See you soon, Annette